Friday, October 14, 2011

Thoughts of Teen-aged life

A short trip to Kansas to enjoy the Baldwin City Maple Leaf Festival (which always occurs the 3rd weekend of October) unraveled this morning due to sickness and to car problems. Oh well. We haven't made the trip to Baldwin in October for quite a few years anyway...

I'm thinking about heading for bed. But I want to first think about what I wrote when I was a little younger.

I remember starting a sci-fi story where in the first chapter the protagonist experimented with electricity, a few rare chemicals and a small rabbit. Before too long, he inadvertently transformed a white bunny into a blue bunny--one that glowed in the dark!  That story started and never got very far sometime in the early '70s.

I took a creative writing class my senior year in high school (1975) and wrote another sci-fi story in that class, It was set after a terrible world war and I think it was about a group of wanderers who happened to wander into the wrong place and consequently being killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I didn't think much of it but the teacher made a class set of copies and required everyone in the class to read and critique it. Yes, I was a bit embarrassed by the whole thing.

I'm sure I wrote a few more sci-fi stories than just those but I can't remember what they were about.

I don't ever remember writing anything like Betrovia before. I guess besides from playing a few fantasy computer games, I'd have to say that I haven't received much input related to the kind of fiction that is Betrovia.

And I've finally decided to categorize it as "epic fantasy" with a Christian undertone. Part 2 of the trilogy will have an even stronger Christian undertone.

No comments:

Post a Comment